The Charlotte Hornets posted their preseason schedule on Friday.
- Tuesday, October 10, 7:30pm at Heat
- Thursday, October 12, 7:00pm at Wizards
- Sunday, October 15, 5:00pm vs Thunder
- Thursday, October 19, 7:00pm vs Celtics
All of the games will have the radio broadcast on WFNZ in the Charlotte area. Every game except the second one (against the Wizards) will be televised on Bally Sports Southeast. That has two implications:
- It’s a good amount of preseason television for the Hornets. In recent years it’s seemed like we’d be lucky to get half of the preseason games televised locally
- It seems the Hornets are sticking with the standard regional television network to broadcast their games this season despite many stories about the failings of regional sports networks with more and more people cutting the cord.
In other bits of intrigue, the Hornets will get to take on Chet Holmgren and the Thunder before the games start to count. Perhaps we’ll be the first people to witness Damian Lillard in a Heat uniform. Who really knows.
Training camps will open October 3rd, giving the Hornets one week of preparation before we see them take the floor for the first time. The regular season tips off on October 24th, but the Hornets almost certainly won’t have a game on opening night. They’ll likely start their season on the 25th, giving them a full six days to get charged up for the season.
So start the countdown. 79 days until Hornets basketball.