A little late to the party here, but the Charlotte Hornets hosted their second pre-draft workout on Friday, May 5th. There are some fun names on the list, so let’s get to it.
The rankings referenced with each player are At The Hive’s official Top 100.
- Emoni Bates, wing, Eastern Michigan, 69th
- Meechie Johnson Jr., guard, South Carolina, unranked
- Jaylen Martin, wing, Overtime Elite, unranked
- Landers Nolley II, guard, Cincinnati, unranked
- Jalen Slawson, wing, Furman, 57th
- Trey Wertz, guard, Notre Dame, unranked
The big draw of this group is Emoni Bates, who was a huge deal coming out of high school but massively disappointed in his freshman season at Memphis. He had a much better season at Eastern Michigan, though still not overly efficient and on a very bad team. He went viral a few months ago for scoring 29 straight points for his team as part of a 43 point performance.
Slawson is the other ranked player in the list. He was Furman’s leading scorer on the night they upset Virginia in the 2023 NCAA Tournament. He’s a hardworking defender that can do a little bit of everything.
Here’s the list of everyone that’s been to Charlotte for a workout so far.